Can you imagine a world without breast cancer? It's hard, given how pervasive the disease is.
But go ahead, let yourself envision that world. Because it's not a fantasy. It's a reality within
our grasp. Each step I take on the Breast Cancer 3-Day brings us closer to ending the disease
Eighty-five percent of the net proceeds of this event go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Every
advancement in breast cancer research, treatment, education and prevention in the last 25 years
has been touched by a Komen for the Cure grant. The remaining fifteen percent of net funds goes
to the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund, which provides ongoing support to breast
cancer initiatives, so that strides made today can continue to propel us toward our goal.
Breast Cancer Facts
Everyone has been touched in some way by breast cancer. And recoiled from the touch. No family
should lose a mother prematurely, or a dear friend, sister, wife, daughter, or co-worker. No one
just diagnosed, should have to look at the mirror in the morning and say: Will I survive? Everyone
deserves a lifetime: we feel it deep in our bones. I am asking you to please help me reach my
fundraising goals by becoming a sponsor for me at my Breast Cancer 3-Day fundraising site
or by sending a check made out to "Breast Cancer 3-Day" to:
- One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her
- Breast cancer knows no boundaries – be it age, gender, socio-economic status or geographic
- The greatest risk factors for breast cancer are being female and growing older.
- Early detection and effective treatment for breast cancer have been shown to improve
- Making healthy lifestyle choices may reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- There are 2.5 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S. today.
- Breast cancer affects more than just the patient – co-survivors (friends, family and co-workers)
need support, too.
Battle Breast Cancer
C/O Stephen Schreurs
Post Office Box 745
Olney, MD 20832-0745
Goal = $2,300